Friday, March 7, 2008

Ok so duh...


So I'm finishing up the foot of my duckie when I realize that my first post said nothing useful so I would like to amend that.  My name is Cassandra and I am a senior at Mass College of Art and Design I am supposed to graduate in May when I will go from part time to full time at my job.  I work at Knit and Needlepoint on Newbury Street in Boston as the resident knitter extraordinaire.  I help people with problems and teach newcomers how to knit and occasionally crochet. 
  When I was 14 I bought Celtic knits by Debbie Bliss at a church sale and brought it home and promptly forgot about it.  A few weeks later I picked it up and sat down with some 8's and a ball of canary yellow red heart and made a swatch of a braided cable pattern from a throw that would later make for my grandmother.  After showing my mother and not being one to shy away from a challenge, (or necessarily knowing what a challenge is when I see one,) I immediately sat down and designed a cable knit purse for my aunt.  I gave it to her a couple of weeks later and haven't really stopped since although I have learned that knit purses need to be lined.  
I'm odd.  I like small gauges, I rarely do swatches, I knit by sight, I write patterns that no one else can read and I knit continental so differently that no one else does it the same way.  So anyway if you're ever in Boston on the train or on a bus and you see a chubby brunette with really long hair using small short or circular needles tell her to sit up straight. I'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment