Thursday, March 13, 2008

I swear I'm not crazy...

If I do say so myself... ok so I felt like I was gonna blow my brains out from all the garter stitch I've been doing.  I needed something that required thought!  So I decided to start on the Cherry Blossom Shawl by Kristin Spurkland.  I found this pattern in a spring 2002 Interweave Knits I'm pretty sure I bought the magazine for this pattern but at the time I had no concept of yarn weights or lace or the fact that I hate mohair, (the intended yarn,) so I didn't try it out but now I need a challenge and this is perfect.  Plus I bought 3 1300 yard balls of lace weight super fine merino in January with no real idea what to do with them.  By the way never roll a 1300 yard ball by hand I swear it left permanent injuries, anyway, the pattern should take one ball and even though my knitting group thinks I'm crazy I already love it!  I started it tonight in group and it's already like a foot in diameter and soooo cute!  Honestly I might be crazy but I'm not stupid, the border is probably gonna make me want to die but everything up til then will save my brain from all my stupid baby projects.  Plus it's gorgeous did I mention that?  Made out of thread but gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment