Friday, June 15, 2012

Mooooo......

Did you know that Lily's family had a dairy? I'll bet you didn't but they did or... do... that's the part I forget, anyway they have a thing about cows.  Particularly Holstein cows. Did you also know that Lily's sister is pregnant? She is and now we are all about the baby stuff.  I have decided to make another onesie since everyone loved the lamb so much only this time it's going to be a cow.  A Jersey cow. Lily's sis lives in Jersey and a Jersey cow is like a Holstein just brown instead of black so that's where that came from.  I am going to take some liberties for cuteness sake and it's going to have tiny stubby baby horns as well as an udder.  Yes I'm going to knit a baby udder with tiny baby teats that will either be so cute that your head explodes or so filthy that your head explodes but I'm thinking it will go the cute way... I'm using Debbie Bliss Teddy All-in-one as the pattern base and then I'll add the color changes and the teats as I go along. I am super thankful for Ravelry though as I went on and looked at comments about this pattern and everyone said that it came out really small and short legged and that they made it snap-able on the legs for ease of diaper change of which all I will do as well. I would like the kid to be able to wear it fairly soon after birth but I don't want it to only fit him for a week! And no I don't know it's a boy, no one does but I tend to refer to unknown things as "he"
So anyway, back to my current dilemma, it is now 11:15, I have to be at work at 3pm, should I or can I go to Michael's in Braintree to buy yarn and get to work on time? Should I try? Because really? I have a ton to do at work tonight so I really won't have time to knit and if I get the yarn I'm going to want to cast on immediately and I shouldn't but.... all the work I have to do will be done tonight and I have to open tomorrow so I would have time to knit then... and if I don't get the yarn today then I can't work on it tomorrow morning... also I have tentative plans with my old roommate tomorrow after work so I wouldn't be able to go get the yarn then... So maybe I should put some clothes on.
PS I'm making it out of Simply Soft. I only make baby things out of acrylic, the new mom has enough shit to deal with without having to think about hand washing my baby gift. As long as it's washable and soft it flies.  I love some acrylics and I'm no where near a yarn snob but even if you are, be nice to your friends, don't give them more work when they just pushed out a baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment