Monday, September 3, 2012

Chaos, pure unadulterated chaos.

I ran out of yarn on the mystery KAL, yeah, so I chucked it across the room and ordered more yarn. I still don't want to work on the onesie so I decided to start on Christmas. Yes, that's how serious I am about not working on the onesie, turns out I was wrong, she isn't due til Thanksgiving so I've got lots of time. For mittens. Yup I've fallen down the rabbit hole, I've decided to make everyone in my family folk mittens for Christmas. I even have an ornament pattern that I can whip out quit if I don't finish but I don't see why I wouldn't HAHAHAHAHA! Of course I'll finish 32 pairs of folk mittens while working 2 jobs and still having time to go to parties and sleep not to mention that I still have to make my Halloween costume and a pirate costume and you know, do P90X so that I can fit into those costumes, and I'm trying to date a boy but anyway, I'm getting side tracked.
Mittens. I looked up and printed about 8 different patterns last week knit a pair out of lamb's pride for my step dad. I love them. Everyone kinda does. So that's a good start let's carry on and then came the second circle of hell, my Grandma's mittens. I found a cute pattern with a bird house on it and thought it was perfect so I started knitting... and it was ugly... so I ripped back the color work and tried the edging from a different pattern... and it was still ugly... so I ripped it back and reversed the colors, using burgundy for the background and cream for the design... I decided I wanted it to have a strong edge, also the thumb is weird on the pattern. Anyway, I frogged the whole thing. I know. I never do that. And started fresh this time with watching videos of latvian braids because, why not? I think I like them now but no I'm not ripping back to fix the braids, they're fine just the way they are and I'll do the second mitten the same wrong so nobody notices. 
Final Tally: 
Days til Xmas
114
Mittens Done
2.5
Out of... cough, cough 64
I got this... plenty of time... I need more yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment